Ypssi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aspirations

4 posters

Go down

Aspirations Empty Aspirations

Post  Aris (Greece) Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Waiting for the Word document...

EDIT:

We have the Word document (thank you Ino !)
Here is the part that is Interesting to us:

1. UNITY (SOCIAL)

Cooperation-> Sharing-> knowledge (open)
A European unity can only be achieved through cooperation and sharing of knowledge that is not closed down by big firms and states and is accessible by all.
Global thinking should also be implemented in European decisions.
Equality

2. CRITICAL THINKING (HUMAN)

Education
We want a society where there is critical thinking and education is leading to it.
Respect (tolerance, no prejudice, human rights)
Critical thinking leads to respect
Human rights is not our domain but in whatever we talk about we always have human rights at the back of our minds.
Open-mindedness
We have open-minded for other cultures, ways of thinking,
Scientific research

3. PARTICIPATION (POLITICAL)

Competence
Competence-based discussions and decisions
People who want to participate they should get themselves involved
Our goal not our criterion.
More explicit decisions and more explanation of the main issues for which the EU is taking decisions on.
People need to be contacted more by decision-makers.
For open debate and discussion we need 1) people have the knowledge required to understand the decision -> popularisation of decisions and 2) we need the politicians to be sensitive to the peoples needs and opinions.
Creating citizens that are competent through education and giving those who are already competent a voice.
The educational systems of the EU should provide to its citizens the abilities to participate in the decision making process.

Equality

Popularisation of science and decision-making processes.

4. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (ECONOMICAL)

Long-term vision->ecology, economy
Work at the European level in order to achieve global environmental and economical justice

Local
Should not be religion, high expectations but keep rational.
Fighting inequality all around the world.
We have to do something now.
Get to a new level.
End this kind of postponing.
We have to make the world a just place and this is what EU will help us to do.
Moral obligation to fight anybody that says that this is not necessary to do anything with the current system.
It has to be an important part of our project because we cannot keep going on like this.
It is a big goal but it is something that we need to achieve.
With ecology you have moral obligation to support what is a long-term vision which comes down to preservation of natural resources.

Last edited by Aris (Greece) on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aris (Greece)

Back to top Go down

Aspirations Empty tomorrow

Post  inocinnamon Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Aris (Greece) wrote:Waiting for the Word document...

I have not managed to finish the report yet because I just got home. Tomorrow though
I am going to send the powerpoint presentation I made plus the final report. Smile
inocinnamon
inocinnamon

Back to top Go down

Aspirations Empty Re: Aspirations

Post  Luis (Spain) Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Nice work Aris!!! now we have our aims we can start work... we should find a name as soos as we can and I will contact with Audrius (Lithuania) for a logo... Very Happy
Luis (Spain)
Luis (Spain)

Back to top Go down

Post  inocinnamon Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Since I know how important these aspirations are for all of us I have two non-mutually-exclusive suggestions that might help for you guys to move forwards.

the aspiration group
1) splits up into four parts and each part writes one part of the aspirations (Unity, Critical Thinking, etc). They then publish them here for further discussion, and then they modify it again, and then again publish them here for further discussion. 2 rounds of discussion I think are more than enough.

2) arranges a specific hour next week for everyone in the group to be at the same time online here in the forum for live modification of the aspirations.

What do you think?
inocinnamon
inocinnamon

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiara (Italy) Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:19 pm

i think it could me a nice idea..but as far as i'm concerned i agree with the document written by aris...thanks aris! Cool
Chiara (Italy)
Chiara (Italy)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum